Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Five Years

Five years ago (ok and a couple of days..I'm a little late) a boy and a girl showed up at a church.
The girl walked down the aisle with her daddy to her real life prince charming, her high school sweetheart, her everything.

The boy stood at the end of that aisle with all of his best friends (not in that exact pose but, you know, something similar) feeling young and in love and not sure quite what to expect (like the girls affinity for not closing things all of the way, things like that).

The boy and the girl promised to love each other forever, for richer for poorer, in good times and in deployments, till death do them part.

They sealed those promises with a kiss 


They were surrounded by the best people who have known them forever


And they walked out of that church united as one.

They had pretty much the best party of their lives that night.


They were young and in love..

and didn't know how much they would look back and think man, I was skinny that day!


That wife held her 2nd Lieutenant's hand so tightly, so excited to move across the country to start their lives together (although she knew she wouldn't move to Mississippi with and for anyone but him).

And now 5 years later...

We are so, so blessed with these two wonderful lives and our life together in Nebraska and we wouldn't change a thing

5 years later...same pose.  (After doing this, not sure I want to see what the 10 year picture will look like.  In my defense I had just run a 5k and was running on very little sleep!) :)

I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.  I'm just thankful I get to take this journey with my soulmate one day at a time.

1 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy anniversary!! Love that you recreated the pose (but had to laugh at what you wrote!) and I think it's cute!

Your wedding looked gorgeous!

Post a Comment

 
Content The Ross Family | Design Poppiness Designs