Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend Recap

Holy moly it's Monday already? What a blur of a weekend! We were busy, busy as usual (seriously September is the craziest month for us!) but again had a fun weekend! Here are pictures:
Friday night we had friends over for a bonfire. There was marshmallow roasting and s'mores too...duh!

Saturday morning we went to the nearby bounce place for our neighbor's 3rd birthday party. The kids had a BLAST!

Cutest little birthday party! Happy Birthday Preston! :)

Layla thoroughly enjoyed the cake...check out those cheeks!

After naps it was soccer time.

Layla was more interested in emptying out everything in the diaper bag and trying to offer other people snacks than actually watch the soccer game.

Brady did better this game but now every play he yells, "Mommy! Look! I'm chasing after the ball!"  3 year old soccer...hilarious!

After soccer we had another birthday party...this one was a Mario Brothers theme...so cute!

Layla loving pictures...notice the mustache on her shirt...haha!


Wait is that Luigi...or Brady? Unlike his sister, he totally dug the mustache.

Very serious about the pinata.  

And Layla very serious about her dinner/cupcake.

Birthday parties are the best!!

The next morning bright and early it was time for my 10k..the Corporate Cup! It was also pouring at this time so I was gearing up for a very wet and chilly run. See how pumped I am?  

Jessica and I..running buddies doing our first 10k and our 4th race together!!

There were seriously so many people. They had 10,000 (yes that's ten thousand) runners! And they were expecting crowds of at least 15,000 so needless to say it was craziness!

These were Brian's pictures of the crowds.

Jessica and I lining up at the start line.

The run went pretty well! The first 3 miles were hilly (that article wasn't lying) and that was a little brutal. And my shoe decided to fall apart thus resulting in a very bloody foot so that was fun. BUT I pushed through the pain and really only stopped to tie my shoes and/or see what the heck was going on with my shoe so I ran a lot more than expected. We finished in 1:13 and our goal was 1:30 so we did so much better than expected!  I would love to try another 10k. This time I'll train better (I blame the horrible hot weather we had while training!) and wear better shoes!

We finished!! We finished faster than we expected so the guys didn't get to see us cross the finish line though. We wandered around for a good 15 minutes looking for them.  It was seriously so crazy there that I had to ask a random person (and yeah, I only had one shoe on) if I could use their cell phone to call Brian. They had gone to go get donuts and entertain children and were at the finish line trying to look for us.  And of all of the people my bib number was 343....both of our husbands are in the 343d squadron...coincidence??


My little cheerleaders.  Pretty sure I was stuck in this pose for a good 5 minutes after this picture...I am soooo sore today!!

We spent the rest of the day watching football (silly Vikings lost again), napping, grocery shopping, and crafting. 

 Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week! :)

1 comments:

Jenn said...

Go girl on your 10k!!!!! Awesome!!!

And that mom that hosted the gigantic bday party? Rockstar. As always, Layla and her expressions cracked me up (as well as your captions).

Post a Comment

 
Content The Ross Family | Design Poppiness Designs